MISSION STATEMENT/WHAT YOU STAND FOR/VALUES:
What I do
I focus on finding the best food, and highlight the people making it. Wether it’s the best in burgers, the most mouthwatering pizza, or some mind blowing fried chicken, I’m going to thoroughly analyze them all and tell you where to spend your hard earned money.
Pretenders beware though, as the process of finding the best has the unfortunate side effect of also calling out the worst. Use that processed, factory made burger patty at your own risk.
I’ll throw in the occasional travel story, homemade recipe, or food related tidbits as well, because, well, it’s my blog, damn it.
The bread to my butter is my wife Robyn. She edits out most of the swears, puts comma’s where they’re supposed to be, removes comma’s from where they don’t belong, and sometimes even writes a guest post or 2. She’s a pretty essential cog in the baconhound operation, even if she does prefer to shy away from the spotlight.
Baconhound- The Highlights
– Creator of the highly popular YEG Food Odyssey series
– Writer for Culinaire Magazine
– Blog contributor for The Edmonton Journal’s Gastropost
– Blog contributor for Edmonton Tourism
– Content contributor for Where Edmonton magazine
– 2 time Taste of Edmonton bloggers cookoff champion
– Hosted cooking classes at Get Cooking Edmonton
– Edmonton Home Show Cooking Stage Ambassador and presenter
– Board Member of Northern Lands Festival– social media
– Mr. July in the inaugural Sexy Men of YEG Food charity calendar
– Food judge at numerous events
– Featured blogger in Edmonton Tourism video highlighting Edmonton’s indie coffee scene.
– Featured on Food Network’s You Gotta EAt Here- Tres Carnales episode
– Featured blogger on 3 episodes of The Food Network’s Eat St., focusing on
– Featured Edmonton Food Expert on CMT and Food Channel’s Burger Wars: Edmonton
– Multiple appearances on local radio such as
- 630 Ched’s Ryan Jespersen Show
- 630 Ched’s Afternoon News
- CBC Edmonton AM Show
Multiple appearances on local TV such as
- CTV Morning Live
- Dinner Television (City TV)
- Breakfast Television (City TV)
You can follow along with my food adventures on